Where can I park my motorcycle?
Motorcycle parking is only permitted in designated areas displaying a “Motorcycle Parking” sign. There are motorcycle facilities throughout campus. For specific locations see campus parking map and look for a star.
Motorcycles may park at metered spaces if the meter is paid. For safety reasons, motorcycle parking is not available in parking garages.
Do motorcycles require a permit?
Motorcycles, when parking in a campus motorcycle parking area, are required to have a current permit.
Upon request, Faculty/Staff paying for an annual permit (shuttle, 2nd & 3rd shift permits not eligible) may be issued one motorcycle permit medallion at no additional charge.
Please note the following partial list of stipulations:
- Available upon request only to current UIUC Faculty/Staff annual permit holders paying for an annual permit
- Only one MC permit will be issued per qualifying annual Faculty/Staff permit holder with proof of vehicle registration in the permit holder’s name
- MC permits are not automatically renewed
- MC permits are not eligible with Shuttle Permits, Student Permits, or any Temporary Permit types
- MC permits are not available to non-university affiliates
- MC permits are not eligible for refund
- MC permits are non-transferable
- MC permits issued under this program must be surrendered when separating from the university or if the annual parking permit is returned or cancelled
- MC permits are valid ONLY in MC designated parking areas
What does a motorcycle permit look like?