This policy is created to provide a uniform guideline for university requested event parking in facilities controlled by the Parking Department. It is intended to cover most forms of pre-planned event parking.
Event Parking Description
Event parking is any organized parking for university employees or visitors attending a planned event on campus. This policy applies to all manner of events such as sporting events, department functions, performance events, conferences, official university activities, as well as other similar events. Event parking is defined as pre-planned parking for 20 or more parking spaces which may be used for either vehicle parking or to accommodate event activities. Event parking does not include the following:
- Construction related or contractor parking
- Bagged meter requests other than meter outages approved for an event by the Parking Department
- Temporary parking assignments
- Parking in Housing controlled facilities
- Department of Intercollegiate Athletics related event parking
Event Parking Locations
Parking requiring a large number of spaces, the parking of buses or trucks, or requiring large areas of spaces to be used for other functions will be restricted to Lots E14, F23, F27, B22. These lots are eligible for a daily flat rate parking fee. See Special Event Rate.
Event parking in any other parking facility on campus during weekdays is rare, and due to concentrations of daily parking customers, often unavailable. With the exception of the large perimeter lots listed above, all other lots are not eligible for flat rate parking fees. Exceptions can only be granted subject to availability. The cost for any event parking in all other lots will be determined when arrangements are made.
Guidelines for Event Parking
- Event parking must be arranged in advance of the event. Whether an annual occurrence or a one time event, arrangements must be made no less than one week prior. Arrangements are made directly with the Parking Department. Event parking cannot proceed until permission has been granted by Parking Department management.
- Payment for the rental of the requested spaces must be made in advance of the event.
- Any barricades, gating, traffic controls, and special signage required for the event must be provided by the requesting customer.
- If tents are used on a parking facility, no stakes, spikes, or other penetrations in the parking surface are allowed.
- The event sponsor will be responsible for any clean up of the parking facility related to the event. All cleaning and removal of event vehicles and property must be completed by 6 am the day following the event. The event sponsor will also be responsible for any additional cleanup required or damages to the parking facility, meters, signage, or any other fixtures within the facility. Event sponsors will be notified within 30 days post event of any problems found.
- Availability of parking facilities for event parking is not guaranteed. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests; however, parking customer rights and accommodations take priority.
- Parking will issue any notices to its customers that may be necessary prior to the event.
- All parking deck facilities are not available for any event use other than parking (If granted by the Parking Department). Social events in parking decks are prohibited.